Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Magic Of Twilight,8th May 2008

Never had I imagined that my emotions would overbrew and fall from the brim the way it happened .Yes,that dusk left a mark which I would cherish in the years to come.It was 8th may,2008.We had one paper to go and that was the conclusive day of engineering.Trust me ,nobody was in a mood to write exam.I finished it as soon as possible like others and waited outside for others to come.It was a mixed feeling,a combo of 'uff-finally-exams-are- over!.' and
'is-this-the-last-day-in-college?'.Nobody really knew how to react,yet all wore a smile just for the sake of it.Thereafter as the crowd grew in number,it devised ways to celebrate .In the scorching noon heat ,some of my friends threw water to each other with the gardening hose pipes.That was relaxing as well as worth remembering.Others made it big by playing holi.Hats off to them ,they made it a point to get colours even if exams preceded.I even forget to get calculator and admit card during exams,what remember anything else.No prices for guessing it right,i was a mere spectator of the whole noon spell.
We were called for a small farewell function at 5 p.m.Who could afford to miss it?Not me of course!!Now that was something I was waiting eagerly for,but i reached li'l late,donno why.May be I was a bit too excited.Anyways it was a very formal get-together that shouldn't cause any emotional downfall.Neither did it until it came to the verge of conclusion.Earlier I ridiculed the process of bidding adieu but then i ridiculed myself for having thought that way.Then when the twilight faded to dusk ,it made my heart heavy.I suddenly made my way to an emotional dilemma.I saw everyone smiling ,but i couldn't convince myself that it was the case.All were in a mood to capture the moment in photo films.I found my friends wearing the most affectionate smiles which gave me jitters and wet eyes.Till then I believed laughter is contagious,but no more.That smile took my nerves away,and I suddenly felt the emptiness roaring.I was starting to realize the absence of my friends(though i never celebrated the presence),I was getting nostalgic with the campus,the class room,the labs.These thoughts haunted me in the not-so-dark
evening like it was midnight.There were sounds of laughter,shouts,clicks,claps everywhere but for me the silence was pin drop.Finally we parted.I am yet to digest the complete feeling of the end of Engineering.Iwish there was a 9th semster..................I am not this way generally.All this might be the magic of twilight...............

2 comments:

Sankalp said...

Well your writing made me relive those moments.. good work!!!

C. Kumar said...

Well

I Like It